Want to work for the CID? We are currently hiring for the following positions.
Marketing and Communication Coordinator (Part-Time)
Reports to: Executive Director
The Central West End North Community Improvement District (CID) seeks an experienced and creative marketing and communications coordinator. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) and reports to the Executive Director. The CWE North CID is a government entity funded through a 1 percent sales tax in the district. The mission of the CWE North CID is to enhance the district and the businesses it represents through a combination of physical enhancements and marketing.
- Maintain CWEScene.com website content including researching content, updating events, writing blog posts and updating CID documents.
- Manage all CWEscene social media including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Create and manage various facets of the external communications including monthly e-newsletters, event announcements and brochures.
- Write and effectively distribute press releases.
- Seek creative opportunities to enhance marketing efforts to promote the CWE NCID.
- Draft the CID annual report.
- Assist with the creation and planning of CID programs and events including research and coordination with CID businesses.
- Assist with CID events by providing day of support with set up, management and tear down.
- Manage CID Merchant Marketing Meeting.
- Send regular communications to CID Merchants to keep them apprised of CID programs and initiatives.
- Design CID marketing collateral for events and programs as needed.
- Maintain merchant database.
- Interface with CID merchants on an ongoing basis and distribute marketing materials as needed.
- Conduct target market research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferable in marketing, public relations or communications
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations with an understanding of nonprofit organizations.
- Interest in place-making and/or community development.
- Detailed oriented with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience writing for a public audience.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and website publishing.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Kate Haher at email@example.com.