Now Accepting Applications!
Marketing Communications & Special Events Intern
The Central West End Business Community Improvement District (CID) is seeking a Marketing Communications and Special Events Intern to assist with marketing efforts and neighborhood events in the Central West End. The CID is funded through a 1% sales tax in the district and serves as a community strengthening tool. The mission of the CID is to enhance the district and the businesses it represents through a combination of physical improvements and promotion of the district as a destination location.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with marketing efforts for the CID, including the creation and scheduling of social media content, collection of content for online marketing tools, writing blog posts, e-newsletters, and website management.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of neighborhood events.
- Work with neighborhood businesses to recruit participation in the event and coordinate logistics.
- Researching event opportunities for the CWE.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Creative, self-starter who is results-oriented with a commitment to accountability and follow-through.
- Previous experience in marketing and planning & executing events.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to reach out to businesses and garner support for a new event.
- Some college course work completed in Marketing or Community Relations.
- Willing to work at weekend events.
Must be available 20 hours per week in the office
Compensation: $15 per hour
Please submit resumes to Kate.email@example.com.