Halloween hasn’t ghosted us yet. Even though due to COVID-19 we physically can’t be together — we are keeping the Halloween tradition alive by making our Legendary CWE Halloween Costume Contest VIRTUAL.
We’ll press record — you just need to rock the runway with your creative costume, and strike a pose!
Filming will take place at a private taping on Saturday, October 24 at The Chase Park Plaza Khorassan Ballroom (212 N Kingshighway Blvd) from 1-5 p.m. To comply with social distancing guidelines, contestants must pre-register online and select a time slot. CLICK HERE to pre-register now! Time slots are on a first-come, first-serve basis (max 15 entries per time slot due to COVID-19).
An entry fee of $25 for individuals or $50 for two or more people is REQUIRED. To submit your payment, CLICK HERE.
All costume contestants will be featured in a video to be aired on the CWEscene Facebook Page and Youtube Channel on Thursday, October 29. $5,000 in cash and prizes are up-for-grabs for the top 10 finalists, and this year, VIEWERS will be able to vote for their favorite costumes. Winners will be announced on the CWEscene social media pages on Saturday, October 31 at 10:30 p.m.
The health and safety of our costume contestants and staff is our utmost priority. We will adhere to all CDC and the City of St. Louis COVID-19 guidelines to provide the safest space possible for the private taping of costume entries — no spectators allowed. Masks will be required for all costume contestants. All contestants must complete an online COVID-19 waiver two hours prior to arriving at The Chase Park Plaza. (This waiver will be emailed directly to contestants and can be completed by phone).
The CWE Halloween organizing committee will continue to closely monitor and assess, based on current conditions in the community, whether to modify the scheduled private taping. If a cancelation is necessary, all registration fees will be returned.
• The organizing committee is committed to promoting healthy behaviors, environments and operations to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Safety protocols will be enforced including social distancing, hygiene stations, and masks.
• STAY HOME IF YOU AREN’T FEELING WELL. WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.
• Contestants must complete an online COVID-19 waiver two hours prior to the taping. (This waiver will be emailed directly to contestants and can be completed by phone). Contestants must meet all safety criteria, before arriving for taping.
• Contestants and staff are required to wear a face mask at all times, including when showcasing costume on stage.
• Upon arrival, all contestants will have an additional health screening and temperature check.
• If a contestant should exhibit any symptoms of illness, they will not be able to participate in the private taping. All fees collected during pre-registration will be refunded by mail within two weeks.
• Contestants will be kept a minimum of 6ft apart at all times.
• Only contestants who have been approved by producers and pre-registered online/paid entry fee are allowed at taping.
• No walk ups allowed.
• No spectators allowed.
• All contestants must complete an online COVID-19 waiver before arriving at venue.
• Must be 18 years or older to participate.
• Producers reserve the right to refuse any costume for any reason.
• Costumes must be self-contained, able to move easy, and be able to enter/exit the stage without assistance.
• When directed, contestants will take the stage to showcase costume. Immediately after, contestant is to exit the venue to collect personal items.
• No projectiles or objects may be thrown.
• Follow all directions of the producers on site.
• Nudity is not allowed.
CLICK HERE to submit your pre-registration form.
After registration has been submitted online and event producers have reviewed entry, contestant will receive confirmation that they have been approved to participate in the 2020 Virtual Central West End Halloween Costume Contest.
By participating in the private taping for the 2020 Virtual Central West End Halloween Costume Contest all participants release and allow the use of any and all video, images, and photographs taken by the event producers, their agents and assigns to promote and otherwise market the event hereafter without any rights or compensation to the participant(s).