Wednesdays, June 16 through August 25
Maryland Plaza Fountain | 5:30 p.m.
This summer, get your sweat on for free in the Central West End! The Central West End Business Community Improvement District is proud to announce “Fitness at the Fountain” — a free outdoor exercise series kicking off Wednesday, June 16.
Every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m., grab a mat, towel, and water bottle and head to the Maryland Plaza Fountain for a variety of workouts that everyone will enjoy, including barre, yoga, total body bootcamp, and pilates. All classes are led by certified instructors from some of the CWE’s (and surrounding areas) most popular studios, including Orangetheory Fitness CWE, Pure Barre CWE, The Pilates Lab, and Practicing Yoga. This is a great way to try out classes you’ve been curious about!
Classes are open to all-levels (beginners welcome!) and free to attend. Classes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Space is limited due to sidewalk availability/social distancing protocols. A clear path must remain on the sidewalk at all times. Participants don’t need to preregister, but we recommend arriving 15 minutes prior to the class start time.
Everyone who attends class will be entered to win a $50 CWE gift card! Once class is over, stay in the neighborhood to explore the many shops and restaurants the Central West End has to offer. Click here for a full neighborhood directory.
- Wednesday, June 16: The Pilates Lab
- Pilates Lab co-owner Kristen Davis will lead a Pilates mat class designed to build core strength and spinal flexibility. All levels welcome. No equipment required — just your mat and your body!
- Wednesday, June 23: Orangetheory Fitness CWE
- Orangetheory offers a 45 minute full body workout that focuses on Endurance, Strength, and Power. It’s the ultimate total body workout for your best, most confident you!
- Wednesday, June 30: Pure Barre CWE
- Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective full-body barre workout. It uses a series of low-impact, high-intensity movements that are designed to strengthen and tone your body in ways that no other technique can. Bring an exercise or yoga mat (2 lb. free weights optional), and get ready to Lift-Tone-Burn.
- Wednesday, July 7: Practicing Yoga
- Practicing Yoga Studio was founded in 2013 by long time St. Louis teacher and yogi, Roxanne Quinn and is now owned by Brianna Owens. We pride ourselves on the strength, skill, and authenticity of our instructors, our creative and challenging classes, and our truly fabulous community of students.
Stay tuned for the rest of the July schedule!
Sweat on the safe side.
We’re excited to welcome you to our outdoor sweat sessions, and we’re committed to keeping our class environment safe and comfortable for all participants. Please review our safety procedures below:
- Classes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will be a limited number of spaces due to sidewalk availability/social distancing protocols. Please be aware of others and respect those trying to maintain social distance.
- In accordance with City of St. Louis COVID-19 Guidelines, we ask that you wear a mask if you are unvaccinated and unable to maintain 6 feet of distance from other attendees. For vaccinated attendees, masks are welcome, but not required.
- Classes will be equipment-free. Please be sure to bring your own mat, towel, and water bottle.
- If you feel unwell, please stay home! Thanks for doing your part to ensure our community stays safe!
Weather Cancellation Policy: Fitness at the Fountain could be canceled at the last moment if weather conditions are not conducive to the event. Please check our Facebook page and Instagram page for inclement weather updates.
PHOTO RELEASE: By participating in Fitness at the Fountain exercise classes, all participants release and allow the use of any and all video, images, and photographs taken by the event producers, their agents and assigns to promote and otherwise market the event hereafter without any rights or compensation to the participant(s).