Come explore why the Central West End is at the heART of it all! On the third Saturday of each month, you can experience the neighborhood’s vibrant arts district on McPherson with DIY craft workshops, live music, street performers, artist demonstrations, and more!
May 21, 12 – 4 pm
- Live Music from Kendric Smith 12:30 – 3:30
- A World of Shine Exhibition- Projects+ Gallery
- Alessandro Gallo & Michael Velliqeutte Exhibitions- Houska Gallery
- Magic House – Crafts for kids 12 – 4 pm
- Local Artists painting demonstration 12 – 4
- Roaming Juggler
- Face Painting
- Klarity LifeStyle pop up
June 18, 12 – 4 pm
July 16, 12 – 4 pm
August 20, 12 – 4 pm
September 17, 12 – 4 pm
Don’t miss your chance to win TWO spectacular gift card giveaways!
- Spend $200 at any gallery on McPherson (Duane Reed Gallery, Houska Gallery, Philip Slein Gallery, projects+gallery) and receive a $50 CWE gift card! (please note: gift cards will be mailed the following week).
- Snap a photo inside any of the galleries on McPherson, tag the gallery AND the @cwescene on Instagram, and be entered to win a $250 CWE Prize Package! One winner will be randomly selected and contacted privately.
Plus, take a stroll down to Maryland to visit the World Chess Hall of Fame.
—Shop Local Boutiques
While you’re on McPherson, stroll through Centro’s curated showroom, offering high-design home furnishings, or pop into The Silver Lady to shop a unique selection of sterling silver jewelry. For a feel-good shopping experience, head to Enchanting Embellishments to browse unique gifts, accessories, designer jewelry, and clothing. Click here for a full CWE shopping directory.
—Experience DIY Craft Workshops
Don’t miss an opportunity to bring out your inner artist! Each Saturday during the Art Stroll, Perennial will be on-site from 12-4 p.m., leading DIY craft workshops for anyone to participate in (free of charge)! Established in 2011, Perennial is a St. Louis non-profit dedicated to creative reuse — the process of artistically transforming discarded goods into objects of worth. They turn trash in to amazing items and teach the community to do the same!
Join the creative folks of Perennial to craft magnetic art using upcycled materials! Tables will be set up along the sidewalk on McPherson. Stop by anytime to start creating. (Please note: seating is first-come, first serve).
—Listen to Live Music
—Enjoy Street Performers, Artist Demonstrations, and More!
Plus, if you work up an appetite, there are plenty of nearby restaurants to satisfy your cravings. Pi Pizzeria, Mission Taco Joint, Salt+Smoke, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Up-Down STL, Cocina Latina, and Evangeline’s Bistro are all within walking distance from McPherson. For a full list of neighborhood restaurants, click here!